Purity Redux: Cataclysm - Status Quo, InuYasha Fan Fiction | MediaMiner

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It is interesting to see you take your characters to Africa! I’m excited to see how you write them. The only youkai character that I can think of that would be considered black by traditional race characteristics is Bone and he wasn’t my favorite portrayal. I don’t know if you chose his vernacular because he’s one of Evan’s weird friends, and they are a generally strange bunch, or if you had other reasons. But it reminded me of old school portrayals of black people in cartoons and anime and I wasn’t very fond of it. I am happy to see you diversifying your characters. The names are very African, but so far the only physical descriptions have been of Caucasian features. I only bring this up because as a black person who has been reading your work for about 2 decades, I’d hate for the first truly African character to be portrayed as a Caucasian or fair skinned person, even if the actual “race” is youkai.

I wonder what characters from the purity universe will make an appearance besides Sesshoumaru and Kagura? Can’t wait to read more.